FORT WAYNE, Indiana — The Fort Wayne Farm Show, presented by Tradexpos January 17-19 at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana, will feature daily training seminars hosted by the Soil and Water Conservation Districts of Northeast of Indiana will be offered Purdue Extension.
All events will be held in Appleseed Room A with the exception of the lunchtime program at 11:30am on Wednesday in Appleseed Room B. Only 175 meals will be available for lunch, served on an availability basis.
Tuesday January 17th
• 10 am: “Midwest Ag Market Outlook” by Jon Cavanaugh, WOWO Market Analyst; David Kohli, WOWO Market Analyst; Ryan Martin, Agricultural Provenance Specialist, Louis Dreyfus Co.; and Rob Winters, Farm Director, News/Talk 1190, WOWO.
• 11:30 am, “Five Ways to Lose Your Family Farm” by Dan Gordon, owner and attorney at Gordon Legal.
• 2:30 pm, ‘Distilling Down Digital Agriculture’ by John Scott, Digital Farming Specialist, Purdue Extension; and James Wolff, Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator, Purdue Extension, Allen County.
Wednesday January 18th
• 10:00 am EZ Farm Management Tools for 2023 by Jim Minintert, Director, Center for Commercial Agriculture, Purdue University.
• 11:30 am: “Farm Bill and Federal Policies” lunchtime program in Appleseed Room B by Randy Kron, President of the Indiana Farm Bureau. Sponsored by the Indiana Farm Bureau and Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley County Farm Bureaus.
• 2pm: “Fertilizer & Commodity Outlook” by Josh Vollmar, Director, Commodities and Risk, The Andersons Inc.; “Making the Most of Manure Nutrients” by Theresa Dirksen, Director of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Mercer County, Ohio; and “Maximizing Your Fertilizer Investment” by Ben Wicker, Director, Indiana Agriculture Nutrient Alliance.
• 5:30 pm, “Innovative Ways to Tell Your Ag Story” by Aaron Chaflet, Chaflet Brothers Partnership; and Chris Steele, Steele Farms.
Thursday January 19th
• 10:00 am: ‘Market Outlook 2023’ by Hugo Van Roessel, Grain Origin Specialist, ADM; and “What do the numbers say? PLC & SCO or ARC-CO” by Jason Williamson, Vice Chairman of the Crop Insurance Professionals Association.
• 11 am: “Farm Pond Fish & Weed Management” by Bill Horan, Director, Purdue Extension, Allen County.
• 12:30 p.m.: “Using Drones on Farms” by the Purdue “Quad Squad” Drone Team.