BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Emery Simmons is in the transfer portal.
Simmons joined Indiana as a transfer from North Carolina ahead of the 2022 season and is now looking for a new destination after a season as a Hoosier. The 6-foot-1, 188-pound receiver was second in Indiana with 37 receptions for 408 yards. He scored his only touchdown of the season in Nebraska, a 13-yard reception late in the first half.
Simmons played his first three years of college football in North Carolina and is leaving Indiana with one year of eligibility remaining. He caught 30 passes for 516 yards and three touchdowns as a tar heel.
According to 247Sports, Simmons initially signed to North Carolina as a four-star prospect from South View High School in Hope Mills, NC
Scroll to Next
Before Simmons entered the portal, Indiana added two wide receivers to its 2023 roster, Clemson’s EJ Williams and Fordham’s Dequece Carter. This duo joins an Indiana wide receiver room coached by Adam Henry.
Junior college transfer Cam Camper led Indiana with 46 receptions, 569 yards and two touchdowns in 2022, but he tore his ACL in Week 8 at Rutgers. Andison Coby and Donaven McCulley expect to be Indiana’s top wide receiver targets in 2023.
- INDIANA FOOTBALL TRANSFER PORTAL TRACKER: Visit our Indiana Football Transfer Portal tracker for a complete list of Hoosiers who have entered the transfer portal, been drafted in the NFL, exhausted their college eligibility, and players transferring to Indiana for the 2023 season. We will update this list regularly during the off-season. CLICK HERE
- WEST VIRGINIA DL LANELL CARR TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Lanell Carr, a former West Virginia defenseman, announced Saturday that he is moving to Indiana. CLICK HERE
- CLEMSON WR EJ WILLIAMS TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Indiana Football landed wide receiver transfer EJ Williams, a former top 100 draft from Phenix City, Alabama, who spent the last three seasons with Clemson. CLICK HERE
- WAKE FOREST RB CHRISTIAN TURNER TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Former Wake Forest and Michigan running back Christian Turner is joining the Indiana football program for his final season of eligibility, it announced Friday. CLICK HERE
- STANFORD CB NICOLAS TOOMER TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Indiana Football has made its third signing of the day via the transfer portal in Stanford cornerback Nicolas Toomer. CLICK HERE
- FORDHAM WR DEQUECE CARTER TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Wide receiver Dequece Carter gained over 3,000 yards at Fordham, but on Saturday he announced he was moving to Indiana for his final year of eligibility. CLICK HERE
- RECRUITMENT CLASS 2023: Indiana signed 16 players during the early signing phase on December 21, including 11 high school players and 5 college transfers. Here’s a full breakdown of each player, complete with quotes from manager Tom Allen. CLICK HERE