BLOOMINGTON, Indiana — Coach Tom Allen has been busy revising the Indiana football roster on the transfer portal.
Josh Rudolph became the 10th player to sign for Indiana in the last week and on Wednesday announced his decision to join the Hoosiers. Rudolph is a 5-foot-11, 230-pound linebacker who has spent the last two seasons at Austin Peay.
As a freshman in 2021, Rudolph made 21 tackles in seven games for Austin Peay. At the beginning of his sophomore season, Rudolph was named team captain. He played in 11 games in 2022, accumulating 73 total tackles and 7.5 tackles for losses. Rudolph had double-digit tackles against Alabama A&M and Jackson State and finished the season with five tackles against the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Before Austin Peay, Rudolph played for Coach Lawrence Cole at Park Crossing High School in Montgomery, Alabama. After 105 tackles in seven games during his senior season, Rudolph was selected to the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.
Scroll to Next
247Sports considered Rudolph a three-star recruit, the No. 44 player in Alabama and the No. 120 linebacker in the Class of 2021. He selected Austin Peay based on offers from Alcorn State, East Tennessee State, Jacksonville State, North Alabama, Samford, South Alabama, Texas A&M, Troy and UAB.
Rudolph joins the Hoosiers with two years of remaining eligibility. He enters a linebacker room being coached by defensive coordinator Chad Wilt, who will be in Indiana in 2023 as his sophomore year. Indiana lost three-year captain Cam Jones and sixth-best tackler Bradley Jennings Jr. after the 2022 season, but lead tackler Aaron Casey returns to lead the Indiana linebackers.
- KOBEE MINOR TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Indiana added its second Texas Tech transfer this offseason, Kobee Minor, a defensive back with three years remaining. CLICK HERE
- MARCUS BURRIS JR. TRANSFER TO INDIANA: Indiana Football added Texas A&M defenseman Marcus Burris Jr., a four-star recruit in the Class of 2021, via the transfer portal on Sunday. CLICK HERE
- PHILIP BLIDI TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Former Texas Tech defenseman Philip Blidi announced Sunday that he is moving to Indiana with two years of remaining eligibility to play. CLICK HERE
- JACOB MANGUM-FARRAR TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Indiana Football added linebacker Jacob Mangum-Farrar, Stanford’s sixth-best tackler of 2022, via the transfer portal on Saturday. CLICK HERE
- LANELL CARR TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Lanell Carr, a former West Virginia defenseman, announced Saturday that he is moving to Indiana. CLICK HERE
- EJ WILLIAMS TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Indiana Football landed wide receiver transfer EJ Williams, a former top 100 draft from Phenix City, Alabama, who spent the last three seasons with Clemson. CLICK HERE
- CHRISTIAN TURNER TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Former Wake Forest and Michigan running back Christian Turner is joining the Indiana football program for his final season of eligibility, it announced Friday. CLICK HERE
- NICOLAS TOOMER TRANSFERS TO INDIANA: Indiana Football has made its third signing of the day via the transfer portal in Stanford cornerback Nicolas Toomer. CLICK HERE
- TRANSFER FROM DEQUECE CARTER TO INDIANA: Wide receiver Dequece Carter gained over 3,000 yards at Fordham, but on Saturday he announced he was moving to Indiana for his final year of eligibility. CLICK HERE