BLOOMINGTON, Indiana — Indiana is back at the convention hall on Sunday, taking on the Northwestern Wildcats in a crucial Big Ten game for the Hoosiers, who are just 1-2 in league play so far.
Welcome to our live blog where we’ll keep you updated live from the press series throughout the game. We bring you all the news and views and also throw in some highlights and opinions. The newest articles are at the top, so just keep refreshing to see the latest posts.
The game begins at noon ET. There was some confusion about this on social media today, but we did everything right. Here’s how to watch the match, with match time and TV info, plus our usual matchday preview. CLICK HERE
ENJOY THE GAME!!
12:07 – Nice run by the fearless Jalen Hood-Schifino and he scores with a left hand. We’re tied at 9-9.
Scroll to Next
12:02pm – Northwestern gets on the board first, with Robbie Beran scoring against Jordan Geromino inside. The Indiana junior makes his first start of the season. Indiana responded to a Jalen Hood-Schifino three on the other end, with a nice assist from Trayce Jackson-Davis.
11:50 am – Today the officials are Brian Dorsey, Rob Riley Jr. and James Breeding.
11:40 a.m. – Indiana has a new starting lineup for Sunday as Race Thompson is out with a knee injury. Jordan Geronimo starts as a forward for the first time this season and will start up front alongside Trayce Jackson-Davis. Miller Kopp, a former Northwestern player, is the other forward and Jalen Hood-Schifino and Tamar Bates are on sentry posts.
11:35 a.m. – There were some concerns with Trayce Jackson-Davis, who was in apparent pain Thursday night in Iowa. He played through his back problems and stayed on the ground for more than 38 minutes. Indiana staff said he was recovering well and should be fine for Sunday’s game.
11:30 am ET – Had a chance to greet elder Indiana forward Race Thompson as he came out for the pregame. He walked alone without crutches and said he felt fine. He’s also hoping he hopes to be back on the ground in weeks, not months. That’s a good sign.
- HOW TO SEE: Indiana meets the Northwestern Wildcats at Assembly Hall in Bloomington on Sunday. Here’s how to use Game Time and TV Info to view three leading story arcs, the latest on scoring, the coaching matchup, series history and more. CLICK HERE
- TOM BREW COLUMN: With Xavier Johnson and Race Thompson out for a while through injuries, Indiana will now have to rely heavily on its depth and several players need to step up, starting Sunday against Northwestern. The “next man up” mantra is really being put to the test, especially up front. CLICK HERE
- THOMPSON OFF: Senior Indiana forward Race Thompson is sidelined indefinitely with a right leg injury sustained in Thursday’s Hoosiers 91-89 loss in Iowa. CLICK HERE
- OPENING LINE: Indiana is home for the first time in 16 days on Sunday, taking on the Northwestern Wildcats in a Big Ten game at Assembly Hall. Here’s the opening line of the game with a great story of how both teams fared against point distribution this season. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA SCHEDULE: Here’s the complete 2022-23 Indiana men’s basketball schedule with game times and TV information, as well as links to all stories from games played so far. CLICK HERE
- JACKSON-DAVIS SCORING LIST: Trayce Jackson-Davis is the 8th all-time Indiana goalscorer. Here he stands and who will come by next. CLICK HERE
- PHOTO GALLERY: The Indiana Hoosiers traveled to Iowa City to restart their Big Ten season but lost 91-89 to the Iowa Hawkeyes. The photographers had a great evening. Here are 15 images from the game. CLICK HERE