STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – It was another tough night for Indiana. The Hoosiers traveled to Penn State but were beaten 85-66, their worst loss to Penn State.
Indiana had four players in double figures, led by senior Trayce Jackson-Davis, who had 14 points on just 4-of-10 shots. Jalen Hood-Schifino and Tamar Bates had 11 and Trey Galloway had 10. They shot just 44.1 percent as a team and only made 4 of 14 three-pointers. They also only made 10 out of 18 free throws, just 55.6 percent.
“At the end of the day we don’t play hard enough,” he said. “I think our identity is playing hard, and I think we’re not doing that at the moment. Momentum comes from stops. We couldn’t find enough stops tonight. They took shots.
Indiana Hoosiers’ Jordan Geronimo (22) drives to the basket while Penn State Nittany Lions guard Seth Lundy (right) defends Seth Lundy (right) during the first half at the Bryce Jordan Center.
Trayce Jackson Davis
Indiana Hoosiers forward Trayce Jackson-Davis (23) passes the ball as Penn State Nittany Lions forward Kebba Njie (3) defends in the first half at the Bryce Jordan Center.
Mike Woodson assesses his team’s execution of a game against the Penn State Nittany Lions.
Penn State coach Micah Shrewsberry calls a game against the Indiana Hoosiers.
Penn State Nittany Lions guard Jalen Pickett (22) shoots the ball while Indiana Hoosiers guard CJ Gunn (11) defends in the first half at the Bryce Jordan Center.
Penn State Nittany Lions guard Jalen Pickett (22) drives to the basket against Indiana Hoosiers guard Tamar Bates (53).
Trayce Jackson Davis
Penn State Nittany Lions forward Michael Henn (24) and Indiana Hoosiers forward Trayce Jackson-Davis (23) react to a loose ball in the first half at the Bryce Jordan Center.
Jalen Hood-Schifino (1) collects his thoughts during Wednesday’s matchup between Indiana and Penn State.
The Indiana Hoosiers huddle together before the game as they prepare for their game Wednesday at Penn State.
Miller Kopp and Andrew Funk
Penn State Nittany Lions guard Andrew Funk (10) shoots the ball while Indiana Hoosiers forward Miller Kopp (12) defends in the first half at the Bryce Jordan Center.
- GAME STORY: Indiana allowed Penn State to set a school record 18 three-pointers, and it all added up to an ugly 85-66 state college loss. It was Penn State’s largest-ever winning margin in the 56-game streak. CLICK HERE
- WHAT TREY GALLOWAY SAID: Indiana junior guard Trey Galloway caught up with the media via Zoom following Indiana’s 85-66 loss to Penn State on Wednesday night. Here’s the full transcript of his interview, as well as the full video. CLICK HERE
- WHAT MIKE WOODSON SAID: Indiana coach Mike Woodson caught up with the media via Zoom Wednesday night after the Hoosiers lost 85-66 to Penn State and fell to 1-4 and 10-6 overall in the Big Ten. Here’s the full transcript of his post-match press conference. CLICK HERE
- SEE GERONIMOS BLOCK: Indiana junior forward Jordan Geronimo jumped over the edge to fend off Kebba Njie’s dunk attempt. CLICK HERE
- WATCH THE HOOD-SCHIFINO JUMPER: Indiana freshman point guard Jalen Hood-Schifino continued Wednesday with an early jump shot in rotation. CLICK HERE
- WATCH THE JACKSON DAVIS DEAL: Indiana kept going, running 8-0 early in the second half, including that turning move from Trayce Jackson-Davis. CLICK HERE
- LIVE BLOG: Indiana will be looking to break its two-game losing streak at Penn State on Wednesday night. Welcome to our live blog where you can follow all the game news and opinions as well as highlights and opinions. CLICK HERE
Scroll to Next