Jan. 7 – Audri Spencer scored 15 points including the 1,000. of her career, but Northview lost 45-41 while visiting Greencastle in Western Indiana Conference girls’ basketball on Friday.
Spencer is the seventh Northview girl to reach this milestone.
Now 11-5, 4-2 in the WIC, Northview plays Owen Valley on Saturday. Greencastle, 13-4 and 6-2, host Cloverdale on Saturday.
In Other Girls Basketball:
* Sullivan 59, South Putnam 27 – At Putnamville, the visiting Golden Arrows sailed to a Western Indiana Conference win.
Now 12-6 overall and 6-2 in the WIC, Sullivan plays North Central on Tuesday. South Putnam, 6-9 and 2-5, is at Riverton Parke tonight.
Ready boys basketball
* Northview 67, Greencastle 47 – In Brazil, Drew Cook kept the Knights alive in a 14-14 first quarter with 12 points and they advanced to a crucial Western Indiana Conference win.
Now 4-5, 3-1 in the WIC, Northview are back in Saturday’s conference game at Owen Valley. Greencastle, 2-9 and 1-5, host North Putnam next Friday.
* Parke Heritage 50, South Vermillion 42 – In Rockville, the host Wolves avenged a Banks of the Wabash defeat by clinching victory at the Wabash River Conference.
Treigh Schelsky had 18 points and Renn Harper 13 for Parke Heritage, now 7-6 and 1-0 in the WRC. Wolves play Cloverdale at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Saturday.
Aden Wallace and Brayson Shoults each had 11 points for the Wildcats, now 5-7 and 0-1. South Vermillion welcomes Seeger on Saturday.
* Covington 78, Riverton Parke 77 — At Covington, the visiting Panthers were choked out in a Wabash River Conference high-scoring game.
Now 4-7, 0-2 in the WRC, Riverton Parke hosts Attica next Friday. Covington, 8-6 and 2-0, hosts West Lafayette on Saturday.
* Sullivan 65, South Putnam 61 – In Putnamville, the Golden Arrows were brought to the wire by the Eagles but went undefeated in the Western Indiana Conference game.
Luke Adams had 27 points, including the go-ahead 3 pointer and crucial free throws in the last 30 seconds, with Sullivan and Eli Geettinger adding 20. Now 10-3 and 5-0, the Golden Arrows host West Vigo next Friday.
South Putnam is 4-4 and 4-2 and plays at Edgewood on Saturday.
* Bloomfield 59, Evansville Christian 56 – At Bloomfield, the Host Cardinals won in a battle between two of the top four teams in Class A.
Now 11-2, Bloomfield is in Linton next Friday. Evansville Christian, 6-5, is in Linton on Saturday.
* Clay City 80, Washington Catholic 24 – In Washington, the visiting Eels improved to 7-4 and play at the Bloomington Lighthouse on Saturday.
Washington Catholic is 1-9 and plays Martinsville Tabernacle on Saturday.
* North Central 47, Eminence 30 – At Eminence, the visiting Thunderbirds improved to 6-4 and will host North Knox on Saturday.
Eminence is 0-8 and hosts Medora on Saturday.
* Pleasant View Christian 62, Dugger Union 51 – At Dugger, Carter Hall had 18 points, Andy Colvin 13 and Parker Racey 11, but the Bulldogs lost their home game.
Now 5-6, Dugger hosts Vincennes Rivet on Saturday.
* Casey 60, Paris 25 – In Casey, Illinois, Jackson Parcel had 23 points, Grant Cochonour 14, and Connor Sullivan and Jacob Clement 10 each as the Warriors defeated the Tigers in the Little Illini Conference game.
Now 11-4, 2-0 at the LIC, Casey is with Marshall next Friday. Paris, 8-10 and 1-4, is at Effingham St Anthony on Saturday.
* Robinson 54, Mt. Carmel 42 – At Mt. Carmel, Illinois, the Maroons picked up their first Little Illinois Conference win and handed the Golden Aces their first conference loss.
Aidan Parker had 17 points, Nathan Wernz and Noah Gilmore had 10 each, and Cooper Loll had nine for Robinson. Now 10-6 overall and 1-3 in the LIC, Robinson plays Harrison at Evansville Saturday.
Mt. Carmel is 11-7 and 2-1 and will host North Posey on Tuesday.
(c)2023 The Tribune-Star (Terre Haute, Ind.)
Visit The Tribune-Star (Terre Haute, Indiana) at tribstar.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.