Good morning Albuquerque! I’m back in your inbox on this chilly morning with your fresh copy of the Albuquerque Daily, fresh off the press. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now.
But first today’s weather:
Cloudy and cold. High: 42 Low: 24.
🏡 Would you like to stand out from the sea of average real estate agents? Sponsor our highly regarded newsletter and gain attention for yourself and your offers. Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity – contact us now for more information.
Here are today’s top three stories in Albuquerque:
- Albuquerque BioPark has announced the death of an African Painted Dog. On Sunday, November 6th, Puzzle passed away after a multi-month battle with cancer. Puzzle was diagnosed with cancer after a routine check-up on May 19 and has been undergoing chemotherapy since June 9. An examination revealed that the cancer had spread to his lungs and was considered virtually untreatable. Therefore, BioPark staff made the difficult decision to put him to sleep. (KOAT New Mexico)
- Albuquerque officials have suggested getting a tip line to get help illegal guns off the streets. City Councilman and Public Safety Committee Chair Louie Sanchez has proposed the hotline, which people would call if they see someone firing a gun or if they know if someone illegally possesses a gun. The top line would run through Crime Stoppers. Councilors will hear public comments on the proposal. (KRQE News 13)
- Attention property owners: The property tax 2022 is coming up. According to Bernalillo County Treasurer Nancy Bearce, the due date for the first half of 2022 is Saturday, December 10; However, you can pay until Monday 12 December, after which payments are considered late. Click the link for a list of personal places where residents can pay taxes. (KRQE News 13)
Today’s Albuquerque Daily is brought to you by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Albuquerque Daily possible.
Today in Albuquerque:
- 505 friend donationsAt Butter Albuquerque (6:00 p.m.)
- Uptown Garden Clubat the Albuquerque Garden Center (9:00 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Congratulations to former Albuquerque Isotopes catcher Paul Hoover (2003, 2006-08) on being employed as the bench coach of the Kansas City Royals! (Albuquerque Isotopes via Facebook)
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year to bring home a new best friend! Join Albuquerque Animal Welfare on Friday, November 25 at either Lucky Paws or the Everyday Adoption Center! Kennels are open from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Albuquerque Animal Welfare via Facebook)
- Do you have live in the foothills? Join the Albuquerque Police Department for an agenda-free lunch of talk and pizza! Meet your Albuquerque Police Foothills Area Command at Dion’s Pizza on Montgomery and Morris on Nov. 19 from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (City of Albuquerque via Instagram)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll be back in your inbox later with your next update!
— Helen Eckard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Associate at Lightning Media Partners. Outside of work, she enjoys building crosswords, knitting, or devising increasingly sophisticated methods to kill characters in her crime novels.